Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Allergy Craze!

With Spring cheer, comes the unwanted sneezing, itching and runny nose that only pollens, grass and airborne fungi can be responsible for. But because the sun is so wonderful and we all want to enjoy it, before it really hits you and keeps you inside....consider alternative medicine!

Some of the herbs I have talked about before are helpful all year long through colds, the flu AND allergies.

Garlic, garlic, garlic. I just recently found out through research that dried or powdered garlic tablets are actually better for you than just eating raw garlic and including it in your diet. Although this does help and has several health benefits for you, most of the time the enzyme in raw garlic that is necessary to help your immune system is destroyed in the stomach before it can benefit you. So pick up some tablets folks!

Echinacea is a wonderful sidekick to enhance your immune system. I want to avoid ever being sick again so I'm going to begin taking 10 drops of Echinacea before every meal. This as I have read, and as I have experienced with getting over my sickness previously, really helps.

If you keep these two herbs in your diet every day, the chances of your allergies attacking you are slim. ALSO I would highly suggest keeping a natural sea-water decongestant by your side as it clears out everything in your nose without pills and allows you to breathe. I went outside to play with my cats one sunny day and their hair was falling out like crazy. I could barely breathe and my eyes were so itchy. But with the assistance of some water in my eyes and a little hyrdaSense up my nose....things were back to normal. I usually use hydraSense at least once a day.

An interesting note, that you should consider if you have serious allergies is to have a VEGAN DIET. Arachidonic acid is a fatty acid found in animal products. This releases an agent that can restrict bronchial tubes up to 1,000 times! If you suffer from serious allergies and want to get outside this summer, consider this diet. Nicole Markham has a great blog called Ego-Veg Footprint, that will assist you with a vegan-friendly diet and many other links and topics to consider.

Some other herbs that I have read about that will keep you breathing throughout the spring/summer seasons are: stringing nettle, ephedra and butterbur. All of these products work differently to reduce mucus and clear your nasal passages. Check another website for more natural remedies for the allergy season.

Get outside!
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment