Monday, March 9, 2009

Dizzy much?

Well, I'm going to take a break from talking about sore throats for a post due to the setback I had last night at a wicked concert. When I am 100% I'll report back with some great cures.

As for now, I'd like to explain the most off-balance weekend I've ever had. I woke up on Friday with a nice vertigo spell...eeeee. This is so fun to wake up to, you just feel so great! Not. I think the only reason I get this is because sometimes I forget to sit down, or wind down. My cable has been out for a week apparently, I didn't catch on. You get the point...

I know there are many of us that fail to SLOOOOOW DOWN when required because with a University or College lifestyle, do we really have the time to? If you end up with mad spins for an entire weekend, I've got some tricks that could assist you in a steady vision.

First off....DRINK lots and lots of liquids. Water especially, this helped me so much in the morning. I got on my feet finally and walked really slow to school and was feeling pretty good until my lab. Then all the different opinions had my head going crazy again. I got to work and realized computers were not a good choice. So, I headed home for the day to get some rest. I laid down until I had the guts to stare at a computer screen looking for natural answers.

Here are some remedies for a site all about Home Remedies:

Tip 1:
Soak 2 tbsp wheat grain, 1 tsp poppy seeds (khus-khus), 8 almonds,8 water melon seeds and make a paste. Heat 1 tsp ghee(Ghee is made by simmering unsalted butter in a large pot until all water has boiled off and protein has settled to the bottom) fry 2 cloves in this add to the paste mix with milk and drink everyday for a week.

*I tried this, but only for a few days...weird, but hey it worked

Tip 2:
Soak 1 tsp of alma (gooseberry) powder along with 1 tsp coriander seeds. Leave over night. Strain and add 1/2 tsp sugar and drink.

*These products can be found at Nutrition House

I hope this helps for anyone who gets the occasional spins because I know it isn't any fun. The main thing I do is train my brain. I know that sounds silly but with the useless pills I was given 8 months ago, I decided the Doctors idea to "train my brain" was better. So I would sit down and move my head super slow and do it over and over again until my head realized we weren't on a rollercoaster.

Native Remedies is another great site to refer to where you can purchase the products right online.

Alright folks, stay still...more coming,

Amber

1 comment:

  1. so sorry to hear you had this happen but in staying on the subject of native remedies:

    "Everything on the earth has a purpose. Every disease, an herb to cure it, every person, a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence"

    ReplyDelete